1. Realization of a research program that will allow one to develop scientific basis for treatment of structural materials by implantation and by implantation-plasma, providing a steep improvement in (operating characteristics of the aviation engine details under conditions of sign-alternating loadings, under high temperature and aggressive media effects. Research program includes the study of:
- physical, phase structural, strength and longevity properties in structural materials (titanium alloys, high tempetature steelsand toys, monocrystals) and the items made of them and modified by ion implantation and by plasma treatment in a wide range of ion energies, current densities and irradiation temperatures;2. Development of implantation and implantation-plasma treatment technologies for strengthening the details of gas pumping stations, agricultural machines, gas-turbine engines for Civil Aviation and tools too; realization of full-scale, long-term tests of the details included into the structure of items.
- peculiarities of deep (some order of magnitude deeper than ion range) modification by ion implantation and particular by low energy high current density plasma treatment; clarification of the mechanisms of long range effect;
- an effect of the processes concomitant of ion implantation sputtering radiation stimulated diffusion, radiation induced segregation, radiation induced blistering and flaking on surface properties of materials and on the strengthened layer thicknesses;
- influence of synergistic effects under treatment of material surfaces with accelerated particles of various types upon mechanical, tribological and corrosion properties, as well as on the thicknesses of strengthened layers;
- an effect of successive aging and temperature effects en surface properties in implantation-plasma treatment-modified materials.
3. Monetization and innovations in the equipment and technological means to realize the integrated implantation plasma technology treatment of structural materials and the items made of them with the charged particle beams; arrangement of industrial bays and integration of this technology into production of compressor blades and turbines for gas turbine engines, details of gas pumping stations, agricultural machines at the Ufa Engineering Corporation; liquidation of a number of ecologically-detrimental production.
Project is in agreement with the ISTC goals, since:
- the transition from the military aircraft engine production to production of engines for gas-pumping stations and Civil Aviation, details of agricultural machines and tools will be realized;
- RQD for applied purposes arid the development of new technologies, many times increasing the reliability and the service life of details of machines, will allow the scientific, design bureau and plant staff immunity to be oriented to the solution of new, unique, scientific-technological problems within the framework of military production conversion;
- it assists in integration of CIS scientists, previously engaged in the armament production, and in transition to the development of technologies for peaceful purposes;
- it possesses of a high commercial potential due to the spread of those RQD after their completion to the aviation plants, similar TOQUE, stimulating the transition from the military aircraft engine production to the production of complicated profile pieces, operating at high temperatures (for a long time), high loadings in the aggressive media applied in gas and oil pumping stations, steam turbines, energy converting machinery, transportation means etc.;
- it assists in preventing a detrimental effect on the environment by liquidation of a number of ecologically hazardous production lines.