Introduction to Commercialization
Commercialization is the process of moving a technology or innovative concept from an idea to the marketplace. The commercialization process requires skills such as product development, market assessment, market strategies, finance, manufacturing, accounting, etc.
This course focuses on how administration and practical issues are involved in commercialization. It includes comprehensive materials, which can be used to understand the regulations of science and technical aspects in commercialization.
The course on “Introduction to commercialization” consists of a study book and computer multimedia program (CD-ROM) that can be used on the learner’s personal computer as well as on the automatic “DOTSENT” system for remote training, allowing entries to the training software to be made from any location that is equipped and which has access to computer networks. The course contains seven parts with interactive lectures and tests.
The course has different databases of information services, social funds and organizations that award grants (Russian and foreign), state bodies that support science and technology activity, etc.
• State policy and international cooperation in the science and technology environment
• Basic knowledge of a market economy, which is required for the successful commercialization of the product
• Commercialization of the science and technology product
• Identifying commercialization trends
• Features of product movement to the market and the receipt of commercial effect
• Business support in the science and technology environment
• Innovation activity in the development of Russia and CIS countries
As a result a learner will:
• Choose priority directions in innovative activity
• Choose the form of collaboration and form international requests on science and technology research
• Determine goals and make SWOT-analysis
• Form business ideas and business plans
• Determine the structure of financial project sources
• Create a strategy for commercialization of science results
• Determine technology for the transfer of science and technology results
• Determine promising trends of the commercialization of scientific results
• Determine ways of transferring science and technology results to the market
• Choose the structure of business support in the science and technology environment